Training Profile: Soloist Exam in Opera Singing
The soloist exam in opera singing is a postgraduate course.
The final exam serves to demonstrate outstanding artistic, vocal/musical, and theatrical skills. The aim is to prepare students for a solo career in music theater.
The course schedule in opera singing includes one major subject course in opera coaching instruction amounting to one semester week hour from Kammersängerin Professor Júlia Várady Fischer-Dieskau as well as another semester week hour major subject to be chosen at the start of respective semesters: opera coaching, singing (depending on class space availability for singing instruction), musical aria study, or aria stage work. It is also possible to participate in music and stage ensemble work. All other subjects are chosen from IMT offerings at the start of each semester, following an individual study plan for each solo opera singing student, determined with Institute management.
Parallel training at the Baden State Theater Karlsruhe International Opera Studio may be possible after a successful audition.
Opera Soloist Training Course in Singing
The standard period of study is four semesters for the Opera Soloist Training Course in Singing.
The training essentially focuses on further development of excellent artistic, vocal/musical, and scenic skills. The aim is to prepare students for solo careers in music theater.
Overview of subjects for the Opera Soloist Training Course in Singing:
- Opera coaching (Kammersängerin Professor Júlia Várady Fischer-Dieskau)
- Singing (pending availabilty of singing instructors)
- Musical aria work or
- Aria staging work
- Musical ensemble (depending upon Institute for Music Theater capacity)
- Stage ensemble (depending upon Institute for Music Theater capacity)
Possible other subjects to be determined in consultation with Institute management:
- Stage improvisation for advanced students
- Project work
- History, aesthetics, and artistic practice of music theater
- Courses: Professional Advice, Interdisciplinary Projects